Twilight

Twilight

“Twilight”, an eerie love story based on the bestselling novels by Stephanie Meyer, is a captivating film that draws in its audience from the very beginning. The movie follows the story of Bella Swann (Kristen Stewart) after moving from sunny Arizona to the miserable little town of Forks to live with her dad, Charlie. She expects next to nothing from the move, save for same, gut-wrenching disappointment that caused her mother to leave Charlie seventeen years ago. All that changes on her first day of school, when she meets Edward (Robert Pattinson), her impossibly handsome lab partner who's hiding a terrifying secret: He's not entirely…human. By the time Bella realizes this, she's already fallen hard for the vamp, giving the story a modern twist on the forbidden romance of Romeo and Juliet.

Co-stars Pattinson and Stewart slip into their roles with seamless precision. Pattinson portrays Edward perfectly, making his inner struggle known to the audience; often with no words at all. Stewart, in turn, is the perfect image of Bella: just as beautiful as she is unsure of herself and everything that she stands for. Their chemistry on-set makes the love they have for each other seem tangible, to point where it feels like the audience is intruding on their most treasured memories.

Twilight, one of my favorite books for the last two years, has suddenly become one of my favorite movies as well. It's the perfect remedy for a broken heart, the kind of movie that makes you feel good even on the rainiest of days. The movie brings to life all the typical struggles of teen life, while simultaneously making you wish you lived in Forks after all.

Minsie said...
Katie,

Wow...I'm intrigued. Haven't read the book...haven't seen the movie...yet but you hooked me.

Exceptionally Written. Congrats!

marlavelle said...
Katie, your creativity was always evident to me in the classroom. Keep up the good work.

St. Nick said...
Great article:) I really enjoyed reading it...and I don't read much! Can't wait to see more of your work....you've got my attention!

yo lusa replied...
May 24, 2010 at 3:16 pm :
u brats is all kissups