Prom Night | Teen Ink

Prom Night

November 25, 2008
By Anonymous

The movie Prom Night is a scary and mind-thrilling suspense-filled ride. This movies' plot had you on the edge of your seat making you jump and squirm with anticipation. This was an interesting and believable movie, with great action and surprising twists.
The storyline of a High School teacher becoming obsessed with a student made it seem eerie. The actress Brittany Snow played the teenage girl who had an obsessive male teacher. The beginning of the movie is happy and light with the teenagers all getting ready for the dance and having fun, making you have no worries.
Once it started talking about the teacher the music was heavy and the problem was creepy. There was a scene in the beginning where she came home and didn't see her dad lying on the floor, dead. The girl still oblivious, trips over her brothers' bat and starts yelling. She then goes into his room to push him over, and finds him dead. She then hears a voice and crawls under her bed. Her teacher pushes her mother down and kills her mom right in front of her.
The rest of the movie is about how crazy he got, and how he was put into a mental facility. When he escapes the night of the Prom, investigators start searching. No one is safe and the girl doesn't know that he's missing. The movie shows you all of the devastating events that follow. Prom Night is very suspenseful and was a good idea for a film. I would recommend it to people and rate it a nine out of ten.