She's the Man This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“She’s the Man” is a witty, side-splitting comedy based on Shakespeare’s “Twelfth Night.” Viola (Amanda Bynes) disguises herself as her twin brother, Sebastian (James Kirk), while he is away in London. She attends his school, joins the boys’ soccer team, and struggles to control her feelings for her roommate Duke (Channing Tatum). She discovers the challenges of love and high school when you are a girl disguised as a guy.

Bynes and Tatum have great chemistry on the set. They play off each ­other wonderfully, making the audience feel and believe their emotions. Tatum is cast perfectly as the gorgeous, talented Duke ­Orsino. His athletic ability came in handy during the soccer scenes, in which he performed all of his own stunts. Bynes fit her role like a glove. Her expressions and body language were ideal to create a humorous tone. The whole cast together was a joy to watch.

This movie is a favorite of mine. If you have had a bad day, it will lift your spirits. It will make everyone crack up. The humor isn’t dirty or repulsive; it’s clean, enjoyable comedy. It is easy to relate to the characters as they struggle with issues many face.

“She’s the Man” brings a classic play to life with everything a good movie needs: the right actors, the right music, the right plot, and the right style. I recommend everyone see this hilarious movie.

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 2:04 pm:
She's the Man will always have a permanent spot in my DVR!! I love this movie---you were right about the right music, the right cast...She's the Man is a great teen movie!

Mar. 3, 2012 at 2:04 pm:

blondie1 said...

i like how the auther told us about the way the actors had chemistry with eachother

And i agree this movie was great

TessaOhhh said...
I agree. I love this movie, I could probably watch it over and over again. I seriously need to buy it, because renting it everyday is just too much money...hahahah GOOD REVIEW! :D

DanceAwayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 5, 2010 at 9:49 pm:
I could watch this movies a hundred times over and it would still be interesting. The first time I was watching it and they showed Channing Tatum without his shirt, I spit water all over my computer screen. HES SO ATTRACTIVE. haha. but I don't think he performed all his stunts... good review though!

bookwormj replied...
Jul. 31, 2010 at 5:51 pm :
I agree 100%! :D I've watched it 3 nights in a row once, and enjoyed something new each time!

BasketballChick5 said...
Mar. 21, 2010 at 12:18 am:
I loved this movie. It was awesoem and it shows how girls can do whay guys do hehe lol:) Go Amanda Bynes!

archery10 replied...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 4:59 pm :
the movie is hilarious!!! i love the part when viola puts a tamp. up her nose when shes caught holding them when disquised as a guy!

hannah=(= said...
This movie was hilarious!

Valkyrie_123This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 24, 2009 at 6:23 am:
i have this movie its so funny and some what weird awesome review

hahalol12 said...
May 26, 2009 at 2:40 pm:
this was a great movie i watched it so man times with my best friend i love this movie

LAKEISHA L. said...
May 22, 2009 at 5:44 pm:
didn't know that it was a book, persopnally i would just stick with the movie it was histarical and really good, my favorite part is when she gets hit with the soccor ball and she pretends that it hurt, i laughed really hard which is funny cause i don't laugh that much.

DanceAwayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 5, 2010 at 9:50 pm :
It's not based off a book its based of a Shakepere play but not really just the idea of the love triangle with the girl pretending to be a guy.

she's the man said...
that movie was awsome! my brother fell out of his chair laughing at amanda. bye bye tina rox

SmileySammi said...
I think that it is a great film and i loved your revew because it is expressed in a brilliant wa to get people to watch it!!! I would DEFINATELY recommend it to my friends!!

skisnow said...
Mar. 30, 2009 at 10:29 pm:
I love this movie. Go Amanda Bynes!

Emocause it hurts94 said...
Feb. 27, 2009 at 3:25 pm:
i didn't know that it was a book, persopnally i would just stick with the movie it was histarical and really good, my favorite part is when she gets hit with the soccor ball and she pretends that it hurt, i laughed really hard which is funny cause i don't laugh that much.

cory gaul replied...
Oct. 27, 2011 at 4:57 pm :
hurtsl69 call me 9282011237

Misha said...
This movie is really good and hilirious, I would recommend this book any time.