Dead Poets Society This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Recently, my partner Mat and I went to the movie, Dead Poets Society. We both enjoyed it very much. Of course, telling you the story, which is what Siskel & Ebert do too often, would give the plot away. So, what we will do is tell you that the movie explores the concept "carpe diem" or "seize the day", as Robin Williams put it to his students in the movie.

Poetry is the moving force for many of the characters' actions. However, poetry is not the main focus of the plot, but it is a guiding component for the boys' lives. In other words, it compels them to do things that they might ordinarily abstain from because of their lack of self-motivation. For example, one young man in the movie works up the nerve and the determination to go after a girl who he knows is already taken.

This movie is superbly written, directed, casted, and per-formed. It is moving and captivating, and will thrill your emotions to the romantic heights of good poetry.

Go see it.

<3Kitty said...
I LOVE this movie and this is a great review!!!