The Fabulous Baker Boys This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The title brings you back to the 1940s, where you find Jeff Bridges and Beau Bridges each playing a piano and trying to make a living at it. They both realize they need a singer to revive their fading act and audition female singers, most of them lacking vocal chords, and when they are ready to give up, along comes sultry Susie Diamond, played by Michelle Pfeiffer as a jaded young woman who faces what she is and gives such electrifying performances that soon she and the Baker Boys are performing in ritzy hotels.

I personally never knew Michelle Pfeiffer could sing so well. She belts out "More Than You Know", "Can't Take My Eyes Off You", "Making' Whoopee" and "My Funny Valentine", with such vitality that you wonder if she has missed her calling. The Bridges brothers give a lively performance of "You're Sixteen (You're Beautiful and You're Mine)".

This movie is complete with the typical conflicts between brothers. Jeff Bridges is Jack, a suave, single man with a wandering eye and Beau Bridges is Frank, the family man complete with mortgage and car payments. They have been performing together for over twenty years. Frank handles the finances and both brothers seem content until Jackgets involvedwith Susie, she leaves and suddenly they have no singer and are fading fast. Due to Susie, Jack realizes he is destined for better things and has been lying that he loves her and as the ending nears you wonder will they ever meet again, as Jack predicts?

This movie is fabulous (as the title indicates). Michelle Pfeiffer gives an excellent performance. If you saw her in The Witches of Eastwick, Tequila Sunrise or Married to the Mob, you will be amazed by her growth and diversity of her acting. If you enjoy good music, exceptional plot and admirable performances, this movie fits all these requirements.