Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

"Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" supplies about three laughs, total, and wastes a clever idea for a movie with stupid lines, and a haphazard script. The movie does not aim for an Academy Award, but even so it lacks the obvious punch that it looks for. The main two characters, Bill and Ted (of course) dash to different times in history, picking up important historical figures on the way. The teenagers take Napolean, Beethoven, Freud, Genghis Khan and others, on their way to acing their history report. They do not usually worry about such reports, but when confronted with failure, they are willing to travel back in time. The characters of Socrates, Lincoln and Billy the Kid (all of whom were kidnapped as well), are extremely superficial, and the only things that these characters have in common with the actual historical figures are their names and clothes. The characters don't mind being carried ahead in time, and in fact enjoy it, adapting completely within five minutes of their capture. The film is full of moments when Bill and Ted remark "Bogus!" or "Excellent!", and the audience is supposed to break up in laughter. Sorry, but the lines just aren't funny. And if there was a real-life Bill or Ted, they would definitely find this movie "bogus," extremely so.

lonetune said...
Nov. 29, 2014 at 9:27 am
I think this review is the result of a critic who does not understand what he is critiquing very well.   In the interest of being constructive here are some major issues with the opinion pined in this "review", though it's more of a blurb, which is strike one. There isn't really any information that supports what you're saying. This matters because much of what is being said requires support in order to be taken seriously.   This sentence: "The only t... (more »)