Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure | Teen Ink

Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure MAG

By Anonymous

   "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" supplies about three laughs, total, and wastes a clever idea for a movie with stupid lines, and a haphazard script. The movie does not aim for an Academy Award, but even so it lacks the obvious punch that it looks for. The main two characters, Bill and Ted (of course) dash to different times in history, picking up important historical figures on the way. The teenagers take Napolean, Beethoven, Freud, Genghis Khan and others, on their way to acing their history report. They do not usually worry about such reports, but when confronted with failure, they are willing to travel back in time. The characters of Socrates, Lincoln and Billy the Kid (all of whom were kidnapped as well), are extremely superficial, and the only things that these characters have in common with the actual historical figures are their names and clothes. The characters don't mind being carried ahead in time, and in fact enjoy it, adapting completely within five minutes of their capture. The film is full of moments when Bill and Ted remark "Bogus!" or "Excellent!", and the audience is supposed to break up in laughter. Sorry, but the lines just aren't funny. And if there was a real-life Bill or Ted, they would definitely find this movie "bogus," extremely so.