The Gods Must Be Crazy Ii This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

"The Gods Must Be Crazy II" is a little slow getting started, but when it does, it's a terrific comedy. The story takes place in Africa, and the basic plot involves "uncivilized" African tribespeople (who know very little about the world outside their tribe) discovering modern man and modern technology.

In the first movie in this series the tribespeople find a glass coke bottle which they believed to have been sent by the gods, and in this film they discover not only guns and rifles, but also jeeps and trucks. There are basically four storylines with different characters, and as the movie progresses, the storylines intertwine, with the tension resolving in the end.

The writing is brilliant, the camera work makes the movie fun to watch, and the light-hearted, well-intentioned comedy goes over well. Overall, "The Gods Must Be Crazy II" is an enjoyable comedy which is silly yet fun, and, surprisingly, has a lot of meaning under its surface. n