My Left Foot This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Daniel-Day Lewis and Brenda Friecker both won Oscar awards for their terrific performances in "My Left Foot," and they definitely made the movie one to learn from and enjoy. The movie tells the story of the book that Christy Brown wrote about his life and his struggle to communicate with the world despite being born with Cerebral Palsy, which only allowed him to move his left foot. With his left foot, Brown learns to write, and eventually to speak, despite not having this capability at birth. Not only does Brown write with his left foot, though, he also ends up producing terrific artistic work, and earning money to help support his humongous family. Brown is one of 21 children of his mother, who was the main motivating force in Christy Brown's success, and conquering of his disease.

"My Left Foot" sends an important message to movie-goers about the capabilities of handicapped people of all sorts. "My Left Foot" is superb and deserves a big hand. n

mplo said...
Jul. 17, 2016 at 10:25 am
This, too, is a good movie. Glad that I saw it.