The Little Mermaid | Teen Ink

The Little Mermaid MAG

Okay, you're walking around the video store trying to find a good movie that you haven't seen before. Trouble is that you've seen every comedy, horror and adventure film there is and could probably repeat every line backwards from"Batman." So why not head over to the Children's Corner and check out Walt Disney's "The Little Mermaid"?

What? I'm too cool for that, you say. Well, you're too cool not to pass up renting this cartoon classic. "The Little Mermaid" is about a mermaid named Ariel who falls in love with a human prince. In exchange for her voice, Ariel is turned into a human by the sea-witch Ursula. Ariel has only three days to win the prince's love, or she must remain with Ursula forever. This film includes new characters such as Flounder and a reggae-singing crab, Sebastian. The animation is extremely detailed and colorful and there is never a dull spot.

So, c'mon, give "The Little Mermaid" a chance. You don't have to be a little kid to watch this movie although you might get a dirty look from a mother as you wrestle the last copy of the video from her three-year-old. n