Welcome Home Roxy Carmichael | Teen Ink

Welcome Home Roxy Carmichael MAG

"Welcome Home Roxy Carmichael" is an impressive and unique film. Dinky Bossetti (Winona Ryder) plays a 15-year-old outcast who doesn't get along with her foster parents. The kids at school throw food at her during lunch, but she does make two good friends. This movie is primarily about a famous woman who is the talk of the small town, but no one has met her or knows anything about her, except her ex-husband. He is now married to a woman named Barbie and has young children of his own.

The town declares "National Roxy Carmichael Week" and at the end of the week, she will make her great appearance at a dance held in her honor. From all of the talk Dinky hears about Roxy, she assumes that she is her real mother.

Throughout the movie they show clips of Roxy Carmichael but never show her face. As the movie progresses and the audience finds out more about Roxy, an image of her appearance grows in your mind.

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and would recommend it to anyone. I thought that the ending was exceptionally good, but I won't spoil the movie by telling you. Winona Ryder and Jeff Daniels both give strong performances. I give this movie ****.

i love this so much!