Home Alone This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

John Hughes' latest masterpiece, "Home Alone," has been a big success in theaters for a month now. The movie has already earned more than $50 million.

The movie starts when the main character, a 10-year-old nuisance played by Macaulay Culkin, says that he wishes he had no family. His wish comes true when he wakes up the next morning to find his family gone. Kevin's first reaction is great joy, but as the days get closer and closer to Christmas, Kevin's emotions change drastically. He begins to feel sad and lonesome. The other half of the adventure centers on two robbers (Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern), who try to rob all the houses in the neighborhood. When they try to rob Kevin's house he is prepared with everything from ice on the stairs to paint cans on a string. Kevin easily outwits the two inexperienced criminals. Meanwhile, Kevin's mother is trying to return home to Kevin, while many things get in her way.

Overall, the movie was hilariously funny and is well worth seeing if just for Culkin alone. A+ n

stanly223 said...
May 14, 2010 at 7:50 am
good movie