Pretty Woman This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I rented this movie assuming it would be just a light comedy. I wasn't expecting anything great. This, of course, makes the fact that the movie disappointed me worse yet. If even the adorable charm of Julia Roberts can't save a movie, you know you're dealing with a loser.

The plot is lame and simple. A man saves a prostitute from her hellish life of crime. He buys her pretty clothes and gives her money. Then she comes to love him (coincidence?) and he loves her. He saves her from all the mean people who hold the fact that she's a prostitute against her. Your basic "man meets hooker, saves hooker, falls in love with hooker, loses hooker, gets her back" plot.

I found no part of this movie funny. I found it tedious, unoriginal, and very offensive. It pains me to have to give it even one star. A definite thumbs down. n