The Dark Knight | Teen Ink

The Dark Knight

November 14, 2008
By Anonymous

In the Dark Night, Bruce Wayne and his alter ego Batman are still trying to complete the seemingly never ending task of bringing peace to Gotham. In this film there are astounding special effects, acting, directing, and a great amount of action which always seems to keep viewers watching till the very end. Batman is accompanied by Lt. James Gordon and the new District Attorney Harvey Dent. The newest criminal (the Joker himself ) has entered the streets and seems to be Batman's largest test yet, forcing him to improve his technology and better his skills in order to defeat the devious Joker.

In the Dark Knight, Christian Bale plays the star role of Batman. I believe that not many people could have played the role as well as Bale plays it. He gives Batman the personality most people perceive him as having, and that plays a huge role in the realism of the movie. My personal favorite is the Joker, and he is played wonderfully by Heath Ledger. It is quite amazing how well Heath Ledger's personality fits the important role of Joker. Ledger gives the Joker a great sense of humor in the film which gives the viewer a laugh here and there.
There are a number of special effects in the Dark Knight that strike my appeal. I like how, in the film, they chose to use practical effects rather than computer graphic effects. This gives the film a more realistic and better look which, in my eyes, is a major strongpoint. I also like the number of explosions in the film. One explosion in particular is a great one: The Joker leaving a hospital and it blowing up behind him as he walks away. Another big scene is when Batman jumps off the buildings into an overview of Hong Kong; it's amazing!
The Dark Knight has all the right elements of the perfect film. It makes the viewer laugh yet stay on the storyline throughout the movie. This is hard to do in the film world. There is also a great amount of action. All in all, the Dark Knight has wonderful special effects, acting, and a great plot. I would give the Dark Knight 9 out of 10 and recommend it to any movie critic.