Made of Honor This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Have you ever loved someone so near and dear to you that you couldn’t tell them your true feelings? Get ready to find true love on the big screen and giggle along the way as you watch a man fight for the woman he loves.

Tom (Patrick Dempsey) is a Casanova living the high life in the Big Apple. He goes from girlfriend to girlfriend without becoming deeply involved. Then one day he realizes he is in love with his best friend, Hannah (Michelle Monaghan). Sadly, he doesn’t realize this until she is on a business trip in Scotland. He plans to tell her his feelings upon her return, but to his surprise, she comes back with a fiancé. This sets everything into a whirlwind of activity, and Tom finds himself playing a role normally taken by a woman: maid of honor.

Dempsey and Monaghan have a great connection on screen, and viewers can’t help but notice the commitment they portray to their parts. As the film rolls on, they become more involved, yet neither can admit they are in love. It takes effort on both their parts to bring this love to life.

Director Paul Weiland did a nice job with casting, but he could have deviated from the typical chick-flick stereotype a bit more. Wedding planning, fancy dresses, and love affairs twist together to create a trite and slightly elaborate storyline. Even though it is easy to predict, “Made of Honor” is still very cute and entertaining.

“Made of Honor” is a good diversion, and I believe nearly any audience will enjoy it. So grab a partner (or two) and some munchies, and let this film take you on a romantic ride.

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I wasn't too crazy about this movie---it's like you said it was kinda like a stereotypical chick flick or something and the ending was predictable, but I find this movie review to be well written and truthful.

annexgrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 22, 2010 at 9:10 am:

Yes! I loved this movie so much - but I guess I may be just a little bit biased as I'm a fan of both Patrick Dempsey and Kevin McKidd :)

I really loved the chemistry between Tom and Hannah as characters, as well as the great script - well, I thought it was pretty good anyway!

Valkyrie_123 said...
Jun. 24, 2009 at 6:24 am:
i love it.....
movie and review awesome!!!

Stitch said...
May 22, 2009 at 11:25 am:
Made of Honor has to be one of the best movies i've seen. If you liked Patrick Dempsey in Made of Honor then you'll probably like him in the hit TV series Gray's Anatomy.

Theresa S. said...
I own this movie it was really good. and you're reveiw is great.

chowder16 said...
Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:58 pm:
I've seen the movie and it was good, but everything in it was predictable.

chikk4_u97 said...
Feb. 23, 2009 at 6:29 pm:
I never saw this movie but i think i would like it anyway Xxlove yaxX

XxDeexX

tweedle dee said...
Feb. 7, 2009 at 2:12 pm:
i hated this movie.

jgkurtz said...
This is an excellent article, and considering I am not a big "romantic comedy" fan, that says something. I am not sure if I am prepared to accept Patrick Dempesy in this type of role, I think he is more of a dramatic actor. His role in Freedom Writers seems perfect for his acting style. Nice job.