Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When couples split, they tend to focus on the negatives in their relationship. “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind,” created by Michel Gon­dry and Charlie Kaufman, applies science-fiction to the topic of memory and love. This film is definitely worth watching.

Joel (Jim Carrey) is trying to deal with a painful breakup with his girlfriend, Clementine (Kate Winslet). He doesn’t know it yet but he has been erased from her mind. They were on the rocks, and Clementine was tired of dealing with his boring ways.

So Joel visits her doctor (Tom Wilkinson) and signs up for the same procedure. Techies remove everything from his home that might remind him of Clementine. However, Joel changes his mind, and tries to hold onto his precious memories of her by mentally out­running the scientific process.

Carrey and Winslet are incredible and show the true meaning of love, teaching viewers that memories are always valuable. The special effects are good, and lights and editing are done well throughout. It’s one of the rare sad movies Hollywood has made.

In my opinion, this amazing movie is my favorite. It taught me a lot, especially how memories are something you want to hold onto forever.

“Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” isn’t just a surprise, it’s an eye-opener and one I’ll definitely never forget.

LanimalThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 12 at 11:12 pm
I absolutely love this movie! I also love how Jim Carrey plays a serious character, which is such a contrast from his other roles. Great review! :)

Sunshineyday said...
actually I have been told by another person that this was a great movie. I think now that I've got a second opinion i'll watch it.

KaplunkyMonkey said...
Jul. 6, 2009 at 4:00 am
I love this movie. It's Jim Carrey's best film. I really enjoy the fluid special effects that aren't too over the top and quite believable; they take you right into Carrey's head.

The plot pulls you in and never lets you go. GREAT film, acting, and direction.