The Notebook | Teen Ink

The Notebook

By Tiffany McKillip SILVER, Dell Rapids, South Dakota
Tiffany McKillip SILVER, Dell Rapids, South Dakota

“Behind Every Great Love There is a Story”—The Notebook

The Notebook is a movie about true love and going to the end of the earth to do everything for that one person that means the most to you.

The movie begins with an older man in a nursing home reading to and older lady. The story is read aloud about a young girl names Allie Hamiliton (Rachel McAdams) and Noah Calhoun (Ryan Gosling). The story starts when the two young people meet at a carnival many, many years before. At first Allie won't except the invitation to go out on a date with Noah until he is hang many feet in the air from a Ferris wheel. After that they spend the whole entire summer together. The Notebook is based off the book by Nicholas Sparks entitled “The Notebook”.

Nick Cassavetes is the director of The Notebook. Cassavetes is also the directors of John Q, Alpha Dog, Unhook the Stars, and My Sister's Keeper. He has also appeared in many other films. Something interesting to know about Cassavetes is that in every one of his movies he also gives his wife (Heather Wahlquist) a small role, for example in The Notebook she plays the best friend of Allie Hamiliton (Rachel McAdams). McAdams is a very compelling actress that has also starred in many other movies: The Hot Chick, Mean Girls, Wedding Crashers, and many others. Gosling has also appeared in Half Nelson, Lars and the Real Girl, and The Believer just to name a few.

I really enjoyed this movie because Romantic comedies are my favorite types of movies, and this is my favorite movie of all time. Rachel McAdams is also a very talented and profound actress and she also starts in many of the other movies that I like (Mean Girls). In this movie she is amazing and her relationships with the characters are perfect. I don't think that she could do a better job in playing this role. I would rate this movie at a ten.