The Eye | Teen Ink

The Eye

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

How can you believe your eyes when they're not yours? America today gets a lot of their horror film ideas from Asia. The eye is an intense thriller that is much related to the six sense. Seeing life in someone else's eyes can make you question a lot of things.
Sydney (Jessica Alba) a blind violinist is given the chance to see for the first time since childhood through a corneal transplant. As Sydney (Alba) adjusts to a dizzying new world of colors and shapes, she is haunted by frightening visions of death itself capturing the helpless and dragging them away from the living. Terrorized and on the brink of insanity, Sydney (Alba) must discover whose eyes she has inherited, and what secret visions they have held.
The actors and actresses in this movie played an excellent job. They seemed like they could really relate to the film, and what was going on around them. Sydney (Alba) and Dr. Paul (Alessandro Nivola) grow a deep relationship throughout the film. Even though he might think that she is imaging all of the images she is seeing, he wants to help her get better, and then he realized the unexpected could happen anytime. Directors David Moreau and Xavier Palud worked hard together to make a film that everyone would enjoy. Moreau and Palud directed a couple other films together that aren't American but they made a pretty big hit.
The special effects of the eye were very detailed and looked real. The death itself looked like an actual image; it makes you wonder how they detail the image so well. Things randomly pop out and then disappear a minute later, which also keeps you on the edge of your seat.

In my opinion this movie was pretty good. I would recommend at least watching it once if you are into horror films. It is a movie that you really have to pay attention to because it is really easy to get lost.

I rate this movie a 5 because I think that it relates so much to other movies that it wasn't that original, and I like original movies.