Chicken Little | Teen Ink

Chicken Little

November 11, 2008
By Anonymous

Do you like family comedies? Chicken Little is a children's family movie. Chicken Little will have you laughing till the end “I put on five ounces since last year. I've really bulked up!” If you heard a small chicken say that, wouldn't you laugh? Or something like, “Modern Mallard says avoiding closure can lead to molting, and I'm small and on top of that I don't think I can handle being bald.” Chicken Little is an entertaining, interesting and fun movie.

Chicken Little is about the main character who is of course, Chicken Little (Zach Braff). Chicken Little gets hit in the head by an acorn and thinks the sky is falling. Later in the movie aliens come and invade Chicken Little's town. Now it's up to Chicken Little to save the day and be the hero.

Chicken Little was a fun movie because of its songs for many reasons. Some of these songs were old classics like “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor, “Ain't No Mountain High Enough” by Diana Ross, and “Don't Go Breaking My Heart” by Elton John and Kiki Dee. All of the songs fit the moment,. The songs make you want to get up and dance. Songs like “Lollipop” by the Chordettes, “Wannabe” by the Spice Girls and “We are the champions” by Queen. They are all for different themes in the movie. Also the characters made some of these songs fun, like when Chicken Little (Zach Braff) sand “we are the Champions,” Abby Mallard (Joan Cusack) and Runt of the Litter (Steve Zahn) sang ‘Wannabe,” the full cast of Chicken Little sang “Don't' Go Breaking my Heart,” and “Foxy Loxy (Amy Sedaris) and Runt of the Litter (Steve Zahn) even sang “Lollipop.”

The characters are entertaining because they are animals and aliens. Chicken Little of course is a chicken, Abby Mallard is a duck, aka the Ugly Duckling, Runt of the Litter is a runt pig, Fish Out of Water (Don Molina) is a fish, and Foxy Loxy is a fox. The characters personalities and voices totally fit them. Most of the main characters are unpopular, but are smart, funny and come up with the weirdest ideas. Chicken Little, Abby Mallard, Runt of the Litter, and Fish Out of Water are the main characters. All of the character's personalities are different, so when they dance or sing you don't know what they are going to do. They definitely make the spotlight with their dandy dancing and singing.

The movie was interesting because it is funny. It's funny because you don't know what they are saying an eighth of thee time until you laugh about it. Some of the funny things are Chicken Little sings to a spoon like he's a rockstar. When Fish Out of Water dodges all the dodgeballs while dancing to “Everybody Dance Now,” it is hilarious. While Abby Mallard and Runt of the Litter are singings “Wannabe” by the Spice Girls, Abby's phone rings and Runt doesn't stop singing till Abby yells at him six times. During the credits the entire casts sings “Don't Go Breaking My Heart even though most of them cannot sing very well. Also on Chicken Little's way to school his “Old Foe: Gum on the Sidewalk” gets stuck to his pants and rips them off, so he had to make pants out of this math homework.

Will you survive this movie? Hear that laughing? This is the biggest laugh you could give a child. Move Over! It's Chicken Little time! Here comes Chicken Little right to your TV.