Malcolm X This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

This was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time, definitely worth the money to get in. I think everyone should go see this powerful film. This Spike Lee Joint was true to his name and should be added to the list of greats.

Although some people said they were turned off when they heard the movie was three and a half hours long, it was not apparent at the theatre. The only awkwardness at the theatre was the degree of segregation of blacks and whites.

Denzel Washington, Spike Lee and the rest of the cast did an excellent job portraying the story behind the late Malcolm X. It was an informative, as well as an entertaining piece. Although at times one was slightly embarrassed at being white due to comments made in the film that were cheered by blacks in the audience, generally the film was applauded and cheered on throughout, with a standing ovation at the end. n