Alive This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

While everyone is trying to make a movie that is a bit raunchier and a little more horrifying, someone decided to make a movie of a true story showing courage and human spirit. I recently saw "Alive," a movie that would seem that it could be sadistic, depicting cannibalism, but it is anything but.

This movie is about a South American Rugby team whose plane crashes while traveling to a game across the Andes mountains. It focuses on their struggle to survive and the strength it took to keep them together. It is a captivating movie that keeps your attention foused during the more than two hour movie. The best aspect of the movie is the ability, because it is a true story, to be both funny and serious. The characters show their humor, their weaknesses, their strengths and their mortality.

This movie is excellent and I suggest it to anyone who wants truly to comprehend human capabilities. n