The Rocky Horror Picture Show | Teen Ink

The Rocky Horror Picture Show MAG

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Have you ever been to a movie where you have been annoyed by the people behind you constantly talking? Well, last week I attended a movie where shouting out at the film is not only encouraged, it is mandatory. That movie is, of course, is the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

The film, originally released in 1975, has become a cult phenomenon probably the film equivalent to a Grateful Dead concert. The movie stars Tim Curry as a transvestite bisexual vampire, and his victims, Barry Bostwick and Susan Sarandon, are returning from a wedding when their car breaks down. They go to a castle to see if they can use the phone. And in case you're wondering if the castle has a phone or not, don't worry, the audience will inform you.

The movie is lame. The main attraction is the crowd. Some of the most interesting people you'll ever meet will be there. The crowd is the main reason why people attend this dud of a flick. Some of the rituals they have is the "virgin" (someone who is viewing the movie for the first time), and the throwing of rice during the wedding scene. However where I saw it, throwing anything was prohibited.

If you're in the mood for an unforgettable experience, I highly recommend you see the Rocky Horror Picture Show. .

Review by J. G., Brockton, MA

Columbia77 said...
Columbia77, Tucson, AZ, Arizona

Personally, I disagree with you - I love the movie even without a crowd.  But this is a good and professional review, well done.

Slight correction: Tim Curry is an alien, not a vampire.

Mayzie2416$$ said...

HAHA! i luv it! that reminds me of a comedy bit called cinematic adventures! Keep Writing!