The Crow | Teen Ink

The Crow MAG

By Anonymous

   The Crow is the story of Eric Draven (Brandon Lee) and Shelly Webster, who were murdered on the night before their wedding, scheduled to be on Halloween. In Detroit, where the movie is set, the night before Halloween is dubbed "Devil's Night" and the tradition of the gang that haunts the city is to set fires and wreak as much havoc as possible on that night. It was this gang that murdered Eric and Shelly, and it is this gang that Eric, as "the Crow" sets out to destroy when he rises from the grave one year after he is murdered. One by one, he kills each of the people involved in his death, leaving the outline of a crow behind in some form, whether it be blood, flames or myriad other reminders of his presence. The movie is narrated by Sarah, a young girl who was a close friend of Eric's and Shelly's. She constantly senses Eric's presence, and eventually meets up with him. She is befriended by a cop who keeps watch over her, and he also helps Eric defeat his enemies.

The movie is based on a comic book written by James O'Barr, but you don't have to know the story beforehand to follow this dark, poetic, haunting tale of lost love and revenge. The soundtrack is just as incredible as the movie, featuring such well-known bands as The Cure, Stone Temple Pilots, and Nine Inch Nails, and lesser known acts such as My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult and Medicine.

The Crow is a love story as well as an action movie. The moving plot and interesting characters will haunt you long after you leave the theater, and leave you wondering about the inhumanities of life..