The Crow | Teen Ink

The Crow MAG

By Anonymous

   The Crow



The movie is rated R. Those under 17 must be accompaniedby an adult.

Now in video, The Crow is the story of Eric Draven (BrandonLee) and Shelly Webster, who were murdered the night before their wedding(scheduled to be on Halloween). In Detroit, where the movie is set, the nightbefore Halloween is dubbed "Devil's Night" and the tradition of the gang thathaunts the city is to set fires and wreak as much havoc as possible. It was thisgang that murdered Eric and Shelly, and it is this gang that Eric, as "the Crow"sets out to destroy when he rises from the grave one year after he is murdered.One by one, he kills those involved in his death, leaving the outline of a crowin some form, whether it be blood, flames or myriad other reminders of hispresence. The movie is narrated by Sarah, a young girl who was a close friend ofEric's and Shelly's. She constantly senses Eric's presence, and eventually meetshim. She is befriended by a cop who keeps watch over her, and who also helps Ericdefeat his enemies.

The movie is based on a comic book written by JamesO'Barr, but you don't have to know the story beforehand to follow this dark,poetic, haunting tale of lost love and revenge. The soundtrack is just asincredible as the movie, featuring The Cure, Stone Temple Pilots, and Nine InchNails, and lesser known acts including My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult andMedicine.

The Crow is a love story as well as an action movie. The movingplot and interesting characters will haunt you, and leave you wondering about theinhumanities of life. .