The Hunger Games | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games

Movie review: The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games is a movie which is based on the book series of Suzanne Collins. It’s an amazing story and I think everyone must see this movie.
I’ll summarize the story of the movie.
The story takes place in Panem, which has a large city called the Capitol. In the Capitol live all the rich people. The Capitol is surrounded by 12 districts, where the poor people live. 74 years ago the districts revolted the Capitol. The Capitol made the Hunger Games as a punishment to remind the districts of the revolt. Every year, a boy and a girl from each district, who are between the 12 and 18 years old, have to take part as tribute in the Hunger Games. The 24 tributes have to fight till the death and the last tribute who is alive is the winner of the Hunger Games.
When Primrose Everdeen, the little sister of Katniss Everdeen, is selected to take part as the tribute of district 12 in the 74th Hunger Games, Katniss decides to take part as volunteer to safe her sister. Peeta Mellark is the selected boy of district 12. While they are preparing for the Hunger Games, Katniss finds out that Peeta has loved her for a long time. When finally the game begins, Katniss has to choose between falling in love with Peeta and surviving on her own...
In my opinion the movie is great, but I think the book is much better, because the book has more details. However, the movie is also amazing and the actors act really good. You can see their emotions pretty good and you can really feel the love and the hate between them. The movie has exciting and sad moments and there aren’t any boring parts in it. I think everyone, doesn’t matter which kind of movies you like, would love this awesome movie and I can’t say something else than ‘Watch this movie!’