Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls | Teen Ink

Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls MAG

By Anonymous

   I've been following Jim Carrey since his early days on the Fox comedy, "In Living Color." I've always remembered him as one of the funniest men on television. One of my favorite skits was when Jim played a deranged firemen, named Fire Marshall Bill. I always knew there was something special about him and that he had the potential to be big!

I must admit I'm a big Jim Carrey fan and I've seen all of his movies many times. In Ace Ventura, Pet Detective, I found him hilarious because all the material seemed new and fresh. This freshness seemed missing in comedy movies around that time. Therefore, I was eagerly looking forward to seeing the sequel, Ace Ventura, When Nature Calls. In fact, I saw it opening night and I must tell you right off the bat it is not as good as the original one. I felt it was almost like a quickly made complete remake. Jim Carrey's material seems the same and throughout the movie I was anxiously waiting for a really funny new scene, or some wild and crazy stunt. Somehow my hopes did not come true. But don't get me wrong, this movie is not a total waste of time; it had some very funny and outrageous scenes that made me laugh until my sides hurt.

In the long run, I feel the plot is weak and almost pointless. If you are a die-hard Jim Carrey fan (like me) you look forward to seeing him in action, then it's worth seeing. Rating: C+ .