Dracula This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Another great in the long line of Mel Brooks movies: Space Balls, Robin Hood C Men in Tights, Blazing Saddles? Or not? Instead of titling it Dracula: Dead and Loving It, I would have named it Dracula: Dead and Dying on Screen.

I am usually a loyal follower of Mel Brooks movies, in fact, that's why I went to see this one, but I really have to admit, it stunk.

One would think that if you put Funnyman Leslie Nielson (Airplane, Naked Gun) and Mel Brooks in a film together, you would get laughs galore, but all I got were snores galore.

I have to admit, the actors fit their roles wonderfully: Nielson as Count Dracula, Brooks as Professor Van Helsen, and Peter MacNicol as Renfield. I think the only reason the film bombed was because of a lousy screenplay.

There was definitely some humor in this flick, but you had to strain to find it. But there was also some definite Mel Brooks humor to be found too.

I especially liked the part where Igor-like Renfield very noticeably ate live bugs, and blatantly lied about doing so. Actually, I found it not unlike a lot of Monty Python bits.

Overall, I would have to give this "unique" film a definite thumbs down. So unless you're a die-hard Mel Brooks fan, I wouldn't suggest going to see this movie. If you really have to see it, rent it