The Blues Brothers | Teen Ink

The Blues Brothers MAG

By Anonymous

   The Blues Brothers is a true classic. Of all the great movies, the Blues Brothers should be hung with the best. I have seen it about 20 times and each time I laugh harder.

The Blues Brothers stars John Belushi as Jake Blues and Dan Aykroyd as Elwood Blues, and is a perfect mixture of comedy and great music. For those of you who have seen it, you will agree even though it is a tad old (1980). This movie will get anyone laughing who has a sense of humor. Amidst the fantastic acting of Belushi, Aykroyd, and Carrie Fisher, the movie contains a number of musical guests including James Brown, Aretha Franklin, and Ray Charles.

It starts when Jake is released from the state penitentiary after serving a five-year sentence for armed robbery. He is reunited with his brother Elwood. When they visit the orphanage where they grew up, they are called upon by God to raise money to save the orphanage from the evil tax collector. To do this, they put their old band back together and start a tour.

On their way, they are chased by the law, a gang of cowboys, a group of neo-Nazis, and Jake's ex-girlfriend. They only stop for a drive through the mall or an occasional bite at one of Chicago's fine restaurants. This film has some outrageous car chases.

The Blues Brothers is filled with non-stop action and laughs. It has such an unpredictable style that you want to be just like them. So, the next time you're in a video store, and all the good new releases are out, go to the comedy section and pick up The Blues Brothers. You won't regret it! If you enjoy this movie, I suggest you see Animal House! .