The Wizard of Oz | Teen Ink

The Wizard of Oz

By wildandfree13 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
wildandfree13 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Dreams Aren't Always Meant for Sleeping

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
The Wizard of Oz a controversial yet classic movie from 1939 depicts the flowing plot line of a young Dorothy caught up in a dream trying to find her way home. Dorothy meets friends and sets out on a long journey. Along the way Dorothy must overcome many obstacles. When I first saw this movie the character development and special effects stood out. The intricate makeup of the specifically designed characters helps the characters come to life. Through the characters coming to life the actors can more enthral the audience. Special effects, especially when the evil witch is melting, display the progression of special effects. These special effects in the time were finest special effects in films. This film fully captured my attention and held my attention throughout the whole movie. Even during the dull points it holds my attention with the suspense of what is going to happen next. This movie was the box officer winner in 1939 and won over many people’s hearts.

This movie has been on of my favorites and I finally got the chance to write a review of it.