Star Wars Special Edition | Teen Ink

Star Wars Special Edition MAG

It's back! One of the most acclaimed movies of all time and easily the best sci-fi movie ever created is being re-released but there's a little more than meets the eye. In theaters now, it boasts state of the art graphic enhancements over the original blockbuster. Every explosion, laser blast, and TIE fighter/X-Wing battle was recreated in the way that George Lucas, the creator of "Star Wars," dreamed when he first started production of the movie. Although his dreams could not be achieved in the '70s, when this movie was first released, with new technology they can create the fast-paced, heart-pounding space battles between the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire.

There are not just technological advancements in this movie. There is also brand-new scenes never before seen, including a speeder bike ride through Mos Eisley and a meeting between Han Solo and Jabba the Hutt, who is actually shown walking around. During the Mos Eisley scene, the trained eye might see the Outrider, the trusty ship flown by the mercenary Dash Rendar, take off from a ship bay. Dash is a new character created for the latest Star Wars book, Shadows of the Empire.

Though almost everyone in the world has seen "Star Wars," it is about the struggle for freedom between the evil Galactic Empire that rules all and the courageous Rebel Alliance that fights for the good of all people in the galaxy. The leader of the Rebels, Princess Leia, seeks Obi Wan Kenobi in order to find help to free the galaxy. She leaves a message with her droids, R2-D2 and C3-PO, who go to the planet Tatooine and are found a boy named Luke Skywalker. After an ordeal with Jawas, he helps them find Obi Wan, who assists them, along with a pilot they hired on their trip though Mos Eisley, Han Solo. Han, his trusty wookie Chewbacca, and his tried-and-true ship, the Millennium Falcon become key parts in the Star Wars universe.

Though they don't know it yet, rescuing the Princess from the Empire is only one link in the chain of events that will occur. They find that it is not so easy to thwart the Empire by themselves. They infiltrate the star destroyer she is held on and free her but they lose Obi Wan, although his spirit lives. They escape from the Empire but find it was only the beginning. They obtain plans for the Death Star and conduct a strike against it.

This movie is awesome and is for all audiences because it combines elements of action, adventure, and fantasy. It is great and it has been for the last nineteen years. "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" have also been re-released. They also received a techno make-over and are sure to be twice as good as they were before. Though "Star Wars" was originally released in 1978, it is sure to make millions at the box office

on Dec. 19 2017 at 10:58 am
DarthVader10007, Traverse Citu, Michigan

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Star Wars is so cool! Darth Vader is the beast and best