GoodFellas | Teen Ink

GoodFellas

By paigylovesyouuu BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
paigylovesyouuu BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

For the past year I’ve been really fascinated by the Mob. I watched The Godfather, Casino, and the tv show Sopranos. But, nothing really hit me like Goodfellas did. In a normal movie the protagonist walks into a magical world and all reality fades. Well, in Goodfellas its all reality. No bullcrap, It makes me feel like I’m actually there, in the Mob. This outstanding movie is a memoir, told by Henry Hill (Ray Liotta) an Irish-Italian boy that has been in the Mob since he was a young teen. This movie takes real famous Mob masterminds and puts them in the movie. The actors actually look like, act like, and talk like the real guys. Henny Youngman actually plays himself in this movie. This movie shows two sides, the side of the boys in the mob and the side of their wifes. Henry’s new wife Karen Hill doesn’t even know that he’s in the mob until she meets the other wifes. Later in the movie the crime gets intense. Henry and Karen start drifting apart after he starts abusing the drug coke. Henry’s story is very interesting. He has very reckless behavior that draws me into him. This movie has a lot of violence but its very thrilling. GoodFellas definitely keeps you on your toes. You never know what’s going to happen next, surprises always await. If you are looking for an action packed thriller GoodFellas is the way to go, I promise that you will not be disappointed.

I wanted to write this piece because many people havent seen this amazing film.