Austin Powers | Teen Ink

Austin Powers MAG

What can you say about "Austin Powers"? This extremely hyped movie about a man from the sixties who gets cryogenically frozen to save the world from super-villain Dr. Evil is not all it's cracked up to be. This movie's bad acting, teamed with a horrible storyline and pathetic jokes make you wish for your seven bucks back.

A few cheesy camera tricks here and there give you one more reason to get up and leave. Mike Myers, who normally acts in at least half-decent movies, really bombed with this one. The writers must have been crazy to think this would sell. The attempt to bring Dr. Evil's son into the movie is a waste of time, and the jokes are pathetically stale, overused and badly written. The musical beginning starts this movie off on a bad foot and it doesn't get any better. The movie cuts to a swinging party to get the audience's attention after boring them to death.

The attempts at making this movie a success by MTV airing constant commercials makes me wonder about MTV. Showing every remotely funny sequence in the commercials makes them worse in the movie. The vulgar humor seems to be aimed at eight-year-olds, and so does the action. The song "Secret Agent Man," overused in the commercials, is stuffed in at the end. The commercials mislead, confuse and outright lie, showing parts that never happen in a pathetic attempt to sell this movie.

In conclusion, I say miss this one! It's a waste of time and money and it's definitely not worth it. If you must see it, wait until it comes out on video so you can shut it off when you want to

on Apr. 27 2016 at 11:38 am
spartacus5 SILVER, Cochranton, Pennsylvania

" imagination rules the world,"- Napoleon Boneparte.

I agree, but Mike Myers has done worse roles.