The Game | Teen Ink

The Game MAG

By Anonymous

   This intriguing movie, starring Michael Douglas and Sean Penn, is hard to classify, but it's largely a mystery, with a pinch of action. The mystery is trying to figure out exactly what is going on, so it's hard to explain too much without spoiling it, but I can explain a little.

Michael Douglas plays a rich investment banker and Sean Penn plays his brother, who has a history of drug abuse. Penn gives Douglas a birthday present: a business card and "pass" for a company called CRS (Consumer Recreation Services). Sean Penn simply says "Go see these people; it changed my life. It can change yours too." After some hesitation, Douglas calls CRS, and then strange things begin happening. At first they start off little: a waitress spills wine all over him, his pen leaks, and his briefcase won't open. Then, however, more sinister things begin to happen. A taxi driver locks the doors, and drives the car into a harbor, and he's shot at.

The rest of the movie involves how he tries to figure out why this is happening to him: is CRS hungry for money, and lots of it? Are they simply people who enjoy causing this kind of distress? Let me say that the solution is very interesting, and the ending is probably not what you'll expect.

This movie is rated R, but in my opinion, should be rated PG-13. There is very little language, and no nudity at all. The only reason I can think of this being rated R is because of the almost constant tenseness of the situation, but even that is a rather weak reason.

This is an excellent movie, and I would recommend it to everybody. It will keep you interested the whole time! .

This movie is rated R. All those under 17 must be accompanied by an adult.