U Turn This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Some movies are based on pure action and adventure while others aim at their target audience of hopeless romantics. Oliver Stone's newest, however, is a movie pulled from every genre out there. "U Turn" is labeled as a black comedy, and rightfully so, but it is more than just dramatic scenes coupled with humorous dialogue and eccentric characters. In addition, Stone's brilliant manipulation of camera angles and pictures is evident once again.

You want a movie with love? Maybe a touch of violence? Consistent comedy? Perhaps a little suspense and frightful shock? Well, in this case, throw all these elements together, adding whatever I failed to mention, and you've got one good movie.

"U Turn" is this movie. Sean Penn is fabulous, as is his female counterpart Jennifer Lopez. Nick Nolte and Billy Bob Thornton contribute two of the best supporting performances I've seen in a while. The characters they play, and the life they lead will strap you in on one of the most exciting roller coasters outside Six Flags.

My interest in the movie never wavered. The plot never let down as one scenario after another made its way into Superior, Arizona, the setting for the film. I'll never forget the "oohs" and "aahs" in the theatre that night. I'll forever remember the way I catapulted myself from the chair when could no longer hold in my laughter. It is truly a great cinema experience

This movie is rated R. All those under 17 must be accompanied by an adult.