Mortal Kombat Ii: Annihilation | Teen Ink

Mortal Kombat Ii: Annihilation MAG

I recently saw "Mortal Kombat 2: Annihila-tion." Overall not a bad movie if you're into the "evil villian trying to take over the world and it's up to the good guys to stop him" thing. Liu Kang (Robin Shou) and Kitana (Talisa Soto) are the only two in the sequel from the original "Mortal Kombat."

Both "Mortal Kombat" movies were based on the arcade smash hits by Acclaim. All the characters have their special moves from the game. One catch though, the mystical ninjas and creatures have their moves, but when it comes to the mortals, they had to make a twist. For example Sonya Blade in the video game has the "kiss of death" - after she has finished an opponent she blows a kiss which sets him on fire and burns him to the bone. In the actual movie she blows some kind of chemical dust that reacts with a gas to set her foe on fire.

The characters are very well played, which gets the audience into it. This movie has every character from all three "Mortal Kombat" video games. In "Annihilation," they improve the way monsters and creatures look, instead of fake, like the first movie - they actually put some effort into this one. The special effects were incredible and kept you on your toes. The music was good, always leading in a fight scene. If you like fast beats and techno, this soundtrack is a must for your collection.

If you know the background of this movie and you saw the first, it is a must. If not, it's a cheesy movie with a cheesy plot. I personally gave the movie two thumbs up, but I follow the games and know the background. See it and decide for yourself! .