Chasing Amy | Teen Ink

Chasing Amy MAG

By Anonymous

   In my seventeen years of movie watching, I have seen a lot of really bad movies. Of all I have seen, "Chasing Amy" has to be the worst.

The story is based on a comic-book artist, Holden, who is introduced to a female comic-book artist. Holden instantly falls in love with her, but later learns she is a lesbian. At first this weirds him out, but then they become friends and he falls more deeply in love with her. Finally, not being able to stand it anymore, he professes his love to her, begging her not to stop being friends with him. She rejects him at first, but then runs back.

Now the fun starts. Holden's life-long friend and business partner, Banky, who doesn't like Alyssa, tells him about her reputation in high school. Holden is upset by this, so he ditches her. They get back together, then disagree, she leaves him, and he and Banky split up. The end.

As far as plots go, this movie is stupid and hard to follow. It jumps around so much that I almost got motion sick. The love scenes were disgusting, and the dialogue was obscene.

The most irritating part is that you wait almost all the way to the end to find out what "Chasing Amy" means, and it turns out that it all comes from a sad love story told to Holden in a bar.

So, if you just want to blow three bucks on a movie to get lost while being disgusted, go ahead and rent it. Otherwise you'd be better off with Disney! .



This movie is rated R.