The Wedding Singer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

"The Wedding Singer" is an excellent movie. It is a romantic comedy set in a suburban town in 1985. It starts out at a wedding where Robbie (Adam Sandler), the Wedding Singer, is singing for a happy couple who have just tied the knot. While he is singing, all the people are having a great time dancing. Robbie lets the best man (who is drunk) make the toast. He gets out of line and is removed from the wedding hall. One of Robbie's band members takes over while Robbie and his friend, the limo driver, talk about a new waitress, Julia (Drew Barrymore). She has just moved to the area so she could be near her fianc", Glenn.

Robbie is supposed to get married the next day, but his bride never shows up. Julia and Robbie become good friends, while Julia and her fianc" Glenn finally set a date. Julia needs help planning the wedding since Glenn is out "working" on Wall Street. (He is really cheating on her.) Julia talks Robbie into helping her plan the wedding. Meanwhile they become better than friends, they fall in love.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I really loved the comedy. For example, just look at the wig that Adam Sandler wears. There is also a cute old lady who sings a hip hop song. It is a little sad when Robbie loses hope. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. I give it a 10 out of 10. .

the goodgirl said...
a very good movie one of the best movies with Adam Sandler.