U.S. Marshals This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Are sequels better? This question was asked on thispage in a previous review of "Scream 2." Well, the answer is"no" if you're judging by "U.S. Marshals," thesequel to "The Fugitive." There is no contest. "U.S.Marshals" is a poor attempt at recreating "The Fugitive"experience.

First of all, hardly any of "U.S. Marshals"is about the chase. It centers around some secret plot involving agovernment agency. Eliminating the chase scenes greatly hurts the film,since these thrilling scenes were what made "TheFugitive."

Secondly, the movie portrays Gerard (Tommy LeeJones) as old and somewhat washed up. At one point his job is eventhreatened. Two great minds battling in a game of wits was another mainfactor in the success of "The Fugitive" which is neglected in"U.S. Marshals." There also is a new person on Gerard's team,who is obviously untrustworthy. Gerard overlooks this and it costs himdearly. I don't think a real marshal would allow this to occur. Themovie also doesn't involve the supporting characters enough in thestory.

Besides all this, the ending is definitely toopredictable. I was utterly disappointed. If you were considering goingto the theater to watch "U.S. Marshals," don't. Save the moneyand rent "The Fugitive."