One True Thing | Teen Ink

One True Thing MAG

One True ThingRecently, I had the privilege of going to see "One True Thing," starring Meryl Streep, Renee Zellweger and William Hurt. "One True Thing" is filled with feeling and emotion. It is the story of an ordinary family who encounters great obstacles in their lives, including cancer, failure and miscommunication.When you walk out of the theater, you have learned to appreciate all that you have in life and to value and cherish your relationships with your family. Sometimes the people we love the most are also the people we hurt the most, because we think they will always be there for us.In the movie, the character played by Renee Zellweger comes to the realization that her mother had a very profound impact on her life. The daughter always took her mother for granted and it was not until after her mother gets sick that she takes the time to listen to and know her. She always felt that she was more like her father, since they enjoyed the same things and were both very knowledgeable. In the end, she realizes that the way she perceived herself through her life was indeed incorrect. In reality, she is more like her mother and she takes pride in this new finding."One True Thing" is a movie that most, if not all, teenage girls will relate to. During our high school years, we often take people who care about us for granted. My advice: grab your mom, your grandmother or best friend and go see this movie and learn a lesson in life. I can almost guarantee you that the movie will have a lasting impression on you and that you won't walk out with dry eyes This movie is rated R. Those under 17 must be accompanied by an adult.