Rush Hour | Teen Ink

Rush Hour MAG

Rush HourI recently went to see "Rush Hour," starring Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. I thought from the moment I saw the preview that it would be a badly dubbed and poorly acted movie. I also thought that all the funny scenes were shown in the preview, but this was not the case."Rush Hour" is about an Asian mob who kidnaps the daughter of the Chinese ambassador. Chan, who happens to be the best friend of the ambassador, is assigned to the case with a troublesome cop from the Los Angeles Police Department. Chris Tucker happens to be this cop, who believes he is being recruited by the FBI for the case. Tucker is supposed to babysit Chan. Chan doesn't know that he is being diverted by the FBI and decides to pursue the case. Chan drags Tucker along on these comedic adventures in order to solve the case. Chan doesn't let anyone or anything get in his way, which is where the action comes in. Chan beats up everybody in his path and doesn't look back.As I walked into the theater, I didn't expect much more than that Chan would have some cool fight scenes. He didn't disappoint me. As the movie started, it was living up to my expectations. As it progressed, it became more interesting and funnier by the minute. This was an unexpected surprise. Halfway through, Chris Tucker was deeply entertaining the crowd with his antics and Chan was beating people senseless, which gave the crowd a thrill. Everyone in the theater was laughing and glued to the screen the whole time. I was laughing half the time and in awe of Chan the other half.With Chan providing the action and violence and Tucker the comic relief, this movie was fun to see and worth the price of admission. I recommend "Rush Hour" to anyone who loves action and comedy all in one place..This movie is rated R. Those under 17 must be accompanied by an adult.

i love this so much!