The Siege | Teen Ink

The Siege MAG

"The Siege" is an action-packed thriller that revolves around several horrific bombings by Islamic terrorists in New York City.The initial bombing occurs after the taking of 26 hostages on a city bus. The police are confused because the terrorists have not made any demands. An FBI negotiator (played by Denzel Washington) arrives at the scene and attempts to negotiate the release of the hostages. After a tense moment of silence, several children are released from the bus. Soon after (when there appears to be a peaceful resolution), an enormous explosion erupts, killing the terrorists and 19 innocents. When terrorism strikes a city and the FBI and the CIA can't handle it, what is the next option and how does the public respond? After several more bombings, the city decides to bring in the military. If I'm not incorrect, the U.S. military is not supposed to be deployed in the U.S. What would your reaction be if you saw a tank rolling down your street or a man walking toward you with a gun bigger than you? This movie shows what can happen to a certain group when one individual commits a terrible crime. As soon as the public finds out who is behind the bombings, literally every Arab male is either a suspect or seen as guilty. I don't know about you, but I don't think it is fair to be accused of something just because you have a certain ethnicity. Based on this movie's plot and originality, on my scale of 1-10, I give it a well-deserved ten. You should see this movie because it's the "bomb." .This movie is rated R. All those under 17 must be accompanied by an adult.