Outside Providence This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Unknown
   At first glance, this Alec Baldwin flickseems to appeal only to the rebellious teen. The opening, witha group of long-haired, baggy-jeaned teens sporting an arrayof drug paraphernalia, could make adults in the theater wonderif they wandered astray from the movie they paid to see.Surprisingly though, "Outside Providence" is aningenious combination of comedy, tragedy, poignancy and dramathat appeals to moviegoers of all ages.

Set in thesmall town of Pawtucket, just outside Providence, RhodeIsland, the film focuses on the life and struggle ofhigh-school student Timothy to succeed when those around himcast doubts on his future. The boy's struggle through his teenyears makes him a better student. Alec Baldwin (whom we allknow has always played the perfect "bad guy") is theboy's widowed father. Raising Timothy (Shawn Hanosy) and hiscrippled younger brother alone leaves Baldwin no choice but tobe hard on the boys. As various relationships develop, so doesthat between Baldwin and his sons, which can only lead to onething: the classic happy ending.

This movieis rated R. Those under 17 must be accompanied by anadult.