The Best Man Holiday | Teen Ink

The Best Man Holiday

January 13, 2014
By AaliyahE BRONZE, Clevevland, Ohio
AaliyahE BRONZE, Clevevland, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Best Man Holiday





After 14 years, the hit sequel from the 1999, “The Best Man”, made its reunion and was once resented again to the world with another hit. The reason it took 14 years to make another sequel was simply because the originals was busy with there other movies. “The Best Man Holiday”, shifted the main character focus on character Mia (Monica Calhoun), who married Lance (Morris Chestnut), in the first movie “The Best Man”, who was a popular football player in college that ended up going to the NFL. The new movie everybody have reunited after being distant and drifted apart to Lance and Mia’s Mansion for Christmas. When everyone shows up old flames and memories makes the experiences awkward. The main competition was between Candace (Regina Hall) and Shelby (Melissa De Sousa) over Julian (Harold Perrineau), who also finds some old truth about his wife Candace. Terrance Howard is also in the movie and plays as the character Quentin who likes to cause trouble. But after Mia reveals a shocking secret to Harper (Taye Diggs) who is married to Robyn (Sanaa Lathan), about her terminal health it brings everybody back together. The movie was beyond amazing and filled with highs and lows of emotions. It was a movie full of “eye candy”, every actress in the movie is amazingly beautiful or handsome which makes it even better. The movie is also being nominated for “Best Movie of 2013”, which is very deserving. I recommend anyone to go see this movie its worth the time and money. In my opinion it’s definitely the best movie of 2013.