The Glenn Miller Story | Teen Ink

The Glenn Miller Story MAG

Looking for a movie with no big bad guy? Or asweet love story with romance and tragedy? I know a movie thathas all that, plus a blazin' soundtrack. It's "The GlennMiller Story," the true story of the life of GlennMiller. Jimmy Stewart stars as Miller in this oldie but goodieof a movie.

The movie shows the musical legend in amost appropriate way. No dirt was dug to make Miller look likea monster. He is portrayed as the good man he was, withintegrity and honor. As the leader of The Glenn MillerOrchestra, his music was very popular in the late '30s throughthe mid-'40s.

The movie shows Miller's love for hiswife and two children along with his devotion and service tohis country. In his short life, Glenn Miller was a role modelfor young musicians as well as an inspiration for manysoldiers in World War II. "The Glenn Miller Story"is a moving and fitting tribute to the man who inspired many.Most touching is his tragic end and the circumstancessurrounding it. I love "The Glenn Miller Story," andI bet you will too (even if you'd never admit it). It's agreat "home sick" movie.