Thor:The Dark World | Teen Ink

Thor:The Dark World

By Cellist BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Cellist BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

“I know. I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” Loki whimpers to Thor in the twisting adventure, Thor: The Dark World. This sequel to Thor, which came out in 2011, struck U.S. theaters first on November 8, 2013. The bright cast consists of Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, and Natalie Portman as Jane. Director Alan Taylor and the entire cast worked hard to produce a number one film with an $86 million debut, putting it at the fourth-highest opening of the year (Kaufman).

People of all ages and genders can head to the theater to enjoy the incredible master piece. There is constant action for guys to enjoy, and hints of romance sprinkled throughout for girls. There is also a pinch of comedy for the whole family, with twists and shocks one would not see coming. It did not disappoint on the big screen because it connects each move affiliated with superheroes and The Avengers. To fully understand each movie, you must see the others because they are just one piece of the puzzle. However, they still make sense on their own.

I went to the theater with high expectations of the cast and the director, Alan Taylor, and came home amazed. The performance of each actor was spectacular. Hemsworth managed a crazy balance between showing emotions and hiding all emotions that I could hardly believe my eyes. Hiddleston proves his character to be much more important and complicated than in Thor, and Loki just pops out of the screen and into life. Portman creates someone who is really life-like. Jane is a devoted scientist trying to forget about Thor, but that proves to be difficult. The relationship between Jane and Thor is actually strangely similar to that between Jane and Tarzan in Tarzan. In both, Jane is a very well-educated girl, and Thor (or Tarzan) are “other worldly” and are not necessarily civilized. However, Thor is the god of thunder, and was not raised by gorillas.

Even if you do not like the idea of super heroes, Thor: The Dark World can still be a great, enjoyable movie. Each person picks something different out of it. Some people take the romance, some the comedy, and some the action. Some people have not even seen Thor, but still appreciate Thor: The Dark World. If you are looking for a crazy ride to another world, a slightly romantic story, or a thigh-slapper, go watch it, and you will see how shocking it is.