High School Musical 3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Coming back with an all-singing, all-dancing ­spectacular finale of the terrific ­trilogy wasn't going to be easy. But Disney did it again as “High School Musical 3: Senior Year” explodes on the big screen in a huge, colorful ­display to delight youth and parents alike.

Unlike its predecessors, “High School Musical 3” was produced by Walt Disney Pictures for the box office, rather than for TV – and it shows. A bigger set, better costumes, and more spectacular musical numbers make the final film a success. Although the previous two may have been enjoyed by more of the younger generation, the final installment has something for everyone and is perfect for families or teenage girls who want to squeal hysterically at Zac Efron on the big screen.

As Troy (Efron), Gabriella (Vanessa Hudgens), Sharpay (Ashley Tisdale), and Ryan (Lucas Grabeel) approach the end of high school together, they have some big decisions to make and lots of things to do. But with the pressure building and the competition mounting, can they remain friends until the end of the year?

The soundtrack is guiltily ­enjoyable. Featuring songs that are slightly less cheesy, but with that Disney magic we all know and love, it's the kind of music you might actually listen to along with your usual music. Catchy numbers like “Scream” and “The Boys Are Back,” teamed with ballads like “Walk Away” and “Right Here, Right Now,” make a perfect mix of soundtrack pop. Not to mention you'll be singing the final song, “High School Musical,” for hours after leaving the theater.

So, if you've seen the previous two, finish the journey with this one. You won't regret seeing “High School Musical 3” as it is clearly the best film in the franchise by a landslide.

Marietta said...
Dec. 8, 2010 at 6:34 am
High school Musical was also a nice movie but the music was just too much;more like a Hindi movie

Moviebuff0202 said...

The article was well written....

DISNEY FROM 2000 ON (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF PIXAR AND PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN)  HAS FAILED ON ALL LEVELS.  MENTALLY, SCRIPT-WISE, STORY-WISE, EVEN THE MUSIC IS TERRIBLE.  

fire_ice4ever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

I totally agree!!

Disney should stay away from live action in most cases...I seriously miss the days of Lion King and Princesses.

Tangled was good as was UP so Disney still does cartoons pretty well.

Moviebuff0202 replied...
Disney should avoid live-action at all costs.  Alice in Wonderland was the worst movie I have seen in three or four years.

Pudd1016 said...
Mar. 27, 2010 at 7:52 am
i love the chemistry between troy and Gabriella its so cute :)

sethsgirl said...
High school musical 1 was da best! cuz it waz da first and there always the best

callie15 replied...
haha, i totally agree. the first movies are always the best, the second ones are ok, and the third ones just suck!

Maddyaz96 said...
This was very nice review. I love all the high school musical movies. I also have all the movies on dvd.

xDDDDD said...
i hate hsm. especailly hsm3. but nice review....XD

Valkyrie_123This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 24, 2009 at 6:26 am
i think high school musical was better than the others just because it was the origanel but i loved the 3rd movie and by the way great work on the review!!!

LAKEISHA L. said...
ii LOVE DiS MOViE!!!

eddie S. said...
OH MY GOD THIS MOVIE IS AWSOME. CORBON BLUE IS SO HOT!!!

robert pattinson said...
i love the song "can i have this dance!"

HOPEMVP said...
I like the moviem your review however was... better eneded than began

sallysunshine said...
Feb. 15, 2009 at 3:55 am
i reall do like your shows.thanks

Biggest_HSM_Fan_Ever said...
I so agree with you, This was by far the greatest HSm movie, I loved the song "High School Musical" My dad was singing it for about a week when he heard it himself. Awsome review, hope you write more.

tweedle dee said...
this is a great article, but i hate high school musical

angela k779 said...
Jan. 14, 2009 at 12:03 am
I happy to say that this movie freakin rocked!

lulwa said...
hi i miss u

Cool Boy said...
it's soooooo cool i like all the charecters