A League of their Own This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Unknown
   "A League of Their Own," produced by Columbia Pictures, stars Geena Davis, Tom Hanks, RosieO'Donnell and Madonna. Jimmy Dugan (Tom Hanks) is an old pro who can't playanymore. He's hired to coach the All-American Girls Baseball League of 1943 (themale pros are at war). A scout recruits Dottie Hinson (Davis), a player with amajor-league swing, her sister Kit (Lori Petty) and teammates Mae (Madonna) andDoris (O'Donnell) for the Rockford Peaches, one of the first teams to play in theleague. Dugan takes his roster of talented women through many obstacles along theway to the World Series. This movie is actually based on a truestory.

"A League of Their Own" sends the message that women cando anything men can, including being athletic. It also shows how great a bondbetween sisters can be. Kit and Dottie know that no matter what obstacles orarguments they go through, they will always be sisters and can count on eachother. This extends to teammates, too. The team bond is so strong that by the endof the season they are all like sisters, standing up for each other, crying,laughing and working with each other. But sometimes a bond can be so great itcosts a team a player. For more, you'll have to rent the film.