Sleepy Hollow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Unknown
   If you enjoy a good ghost story mixed with dark humor,then I've got a movie for you. Last year's "Sleepy Hollow" has all thisand more.

The film brings Washington Irving's classic to life in19th-century New York. The hero, Constable Ichabod Crane (Johnny Depp), is sentto the tiny village of Sleepy Hollow to investigate a series of murders. Ichabodfinds himself drawn into a legend about a headless horseman who returns from hisgrave to chop off heads until his own is returned. Ichabod attempts to solve themystery while pursuing his love interest, Katrina (Christina Ricci), and tryingto come to terms with his difficulty in believing in anything he can't proveexists.

"Sleepy Hollow" provides the viewer with an amazinglyspooky atmosphere and a great deal of amusement (just watch some of Depp's facialexpressions if you don't believe me). It's a movie that gives the viewer a tasteof a classic work of literature, in a manner that is very entertaining.