Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon | Teen Ink

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon MAG

By Anonymous

   From director Ang Lee comes a movie that has the mostmind-boggling martial arts I have ever seen. "Crouching Tiger, HiddenDragon" is about a warrior (Chow Yun Fat) trying to retrieve a stolensword. He is accompanied on this journey by his friend and fellow warrior, playedby Michelle Yeoh.

Although it takes a while, this movie reallytakes off when the amazing action scenes start brewing. With the charactersbounding from rooftops, through trees and over anything in their way, this is amust-see for action enthusiasts.

I thought the movie was good, but Ididn't like it as much as I thought I would. I was sleepy when the action scenesweren't happening, and the plot just didn't grab me. It was kind of repetitive:someone steals the sword, they go and get it back, then someone steals it again.It bothered me that the sword was depicted as a god figure. The critics gave thismovie rave reviews; some even said it was the best movie of the year. Maybe I sawa different movie than they did.

Although I have been bashing the movie, Ido think it is worth seeing. It has the best action scenes of almost any movieI've seen, and definitely the best female martial artists ever.

ThePG-13 rating is fair. Some scenes are pretty bloody and there are a couple lovescenes not suitable for younger viewers.