Save the Last Dance This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Unknown
   Prejudice and segregation surround us. "Save the LastDance" is an excellent example of the obstacles some face and the answersneeded to move beyond them.

Two high school students, a beautiful whitewoman and a handsome black man, fall in love and face the difficulties that comewith their interracial relationship. They also face their own individualstruggles with life that are holding them back from each other and their dreams.Dance and music are tied into the plot. These two important "getaways"help bring them closer together.

The two are made for each other, but whena friend questions her reputation, the young woman admits she is confused abouttheir relationship. Not only does her boyfriend become enraged, he alsounexpectedly reverts to his crime-filled past.

In the end they realizehow much they really want and need each other's love, and he helps make herlifelong dream a reality.

Although this film becomes increasinglypredictable, the theme and plot are exceptional. The point comes across extremelywell, revealing a positive message. Loving, giving and believing are the majorthemes of this love story. This movie, a must-see, deserves an A.