Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back | Teen Ink

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back MAG

Contrary to the belief of some,"Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back," starring Kevin Smith (also thewriter) and Jason Mewes, is not a movie worth the money it cost tomake.

Although there are some funny parts, the plot is horrible. Jay andSilent Bob write a comic book series, Bluntman and Chronic, based on themselves.They discover that one of the comic series artists sold a script from their comicbook to Hollywood to be turned into a movie. They are fine with the idea untilthey find that some are writing bad things about them on the Internet. Since theplot of the movie is based on their lives, and people are criticizing them, theydecide to go to Hollywood to stop the filming. As they are hitchhiking, they meeta girl named Justice, who gets them into trouble.

The dialogue is just asbad as the plot, lacking power. The focus of the movie changes from getting toHollywood to running away from a wildlife official and overusing a certainfour-letter word, which gets a bit annoying.

I should have waited for themovie to come out on video. Also, to get a real understanding of some of theparts you would need to see Smith's previous movies ("Clerks,""Mallrats," "Chasing Amy" and "Dogma"). If you careabout plot, then I advise you not to waste your money on "Jay and Silent BobStrike Back."